Effective Date: October 20, 2022
The Information We Collect:
We collect the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”) from the sources described below:
- Information you provide directly to us:
- Personal Identifiers, including your name, contact information, online identifiers, demographic information, and account credentials.
- Correspondence you send to us.
- If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
- Information we collect automatically:
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Company Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Company Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Company Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Company Service to their fullest potential.
- Browser and Device Information. When you use the Company Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain internet, electronic activity, and other information from your web browser or device by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), device address and device identifiers, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Company Service, the pages you view on the Company Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Company Service.
- Widget Information. Other websites may integrate Kodiak’s widgets (such as LinkedIn, Twitter and others). When you visit a site with a Kodiak widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the web page you visited, your IP address, and other information about your device. Kodiak and the widget can recognize you across websites containing Kodiak’s widgets, and the widget may be used to show personalized content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
The Ways We Use Information:
We use the Personal Information to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Company Service now and in the future, including the following:
- To contact you for administrative purposes; for customer service purposes; to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, fraud, or defamation issues; or to respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcement of the Terms or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- To evaluate feedback and for hiring and recruiting.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Company Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- To personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Company Service; provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Company Service and third-party marketing activities; monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- To send messages, including promotional messages, about Kodiak, the Company Service, and the activities of third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving such communications through links provided in the messages.
- We will use information that you provide or that we collect for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
When We Disclose Information:
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors. We may share the information you provide directly, the information we collect automatically, and information from other services with third-party vendors that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as email deployment, security and performance monitoring, maintaining or servicing accounts, verifying customer information, research, data hosting, auditing, and data processing.
- Corporate affiliates and business transactions. We may share the information you provide directly, the information we collect automatically, and information from other services with our corporate affiliates or in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose the information you provide directly, the information we collect automatically, and information from other sources to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Kodiak, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We may share Personal Information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
If you access third-party services through the Company Service, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your use of the Company Service or their third-party services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Individuals located in countries and regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from federal U.S. law should review the supplement below, which provides additional disclosures specific to those jurisdictions.
You may decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case Kodiak may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Company Service. Please note that once you have shared information with others through the Company Service, it may be re-shared by the recipients, and your subsequent modification or removal of that information will not necessarily affect all copies previously propagated by others.
We retain data for as long as we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our rights and agreements. Where possible (and subject to the foregoing), we use reasonable efforts to respond promptly to requests to remove user data, but we do not delete from our records information that is in de-identified and anonymized form, where doing so would undermine the rights of others, archival copies in routine backups, or subject to other exemptions under applicable law.
The Company Service contains links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any Personally Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Company Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Kodiak employs certain physical and technical safeguards designed to improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information, some of which are described in further detail below. Nevertheless, no physical or technical system, transmission, or storage mechanism is 100% secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, and human error. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant that information you transmit to the Company will not be lost or compromised.
Company Contact Information:
Additional Information Depending on Where You Reside
Depending on where you are located and your interactions with the Company Services, certain processing of your information by Kodiak may be subject to data protection and privacy laws in your jurisdiction.
The following table describes the purposes for which we process the information referred to above, and any information you give us, as well as the legal basis for processing.
|Purpose/Activity||Lawful basis for processing|
|Essential Product Functions & Services – To enable functionality that is core to providing the Company Service, including security activities, debugging, authentication, fraud prevention, and regulatory compliance obligations, as well as contacting you with service- and product-related information.||
|Administrative purposes – for customer service purposes.||
|Communicating with you – for responding to your requests.||
|Enforcing rights – to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, fraud, or defamation issues regarding content that you have posted to the Company Service; or respond to trust and safety issues that may arise. As well as, enforcement of the Terms or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.||
|Analytics – Collection and analysis of personal data to further the Company’s business goals; for example, monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed, analysis of behavior of website visitors, analysis of the usage trends and preferences of the Company’s users, creation of target lists for marketing and sales, and measurement of advertising performance. The aim is to improve the way the Company Service works and looks, to create new features and functionality, and monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Company Service and third-party marketing activities.||
|Email Marketing – Providing personalized marketing by email based in relation to the Company Service; we may set cookies or other trackers for this purpose.||
|Behavioral Advertising – Personalized ads can be shown to you on this or other sites/apps, based on a profile informed by personal data; we may set cookies or other trackers for this purpose.||
|Hiring and recruiting||
|Personalize the Company Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Company Service||
Where we require your information to comply with the Company’s legal or contractual obligations, the provision of such information is mandatory. If it is not provided, then we may not be able to provide the Company Services. In all other cases, the provision of requested information is optional.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, correction, deletion, and portability of your information or more information about the Company’s information practices. Requests should be submitted in writing to email@example.com, as set forth above in the “Company Contact Information Section.” If you become aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that the information may be updated or corrected. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent or to appeal a refusal to take action on your request. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide evidence that you have given such agent power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
You may lodge a complaint with a regulator if you believe our processing of your information is unlawful.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Service may change or no longer be available to you.
Selling/Sharing Your Information:
In addition to the data retention processes described above, where we process your information in connection with the Company Services, we keep the information as long as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to communicate with you because you still have another connection with Kodiak. Where we process your information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you withdraw your consent and thereafter to allow us to implement your requests. We maintain administrative and financial records and use multiple methods to back up our data and systems to ensure reliable data recovery in the event of a significant business disruption, and retain this information as long as reasonably necessary and in accordance with our retention policies.
The Company Services and technology systems underlying the Company Service are directed to and located within the United States and other jurisdictions, and are governed by United States law. If you choose to use the Company Service from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States and other jurisdictions for storage and processing. Where required by applicable law, the Company will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure compliance with data sharing requirements of laws governing data collection and use, including, where appropriate, transfer contracts. Depending on where you are located, you may have the right to obtain a copy of these safeguards. If laws governing data collection and use require obtaining your consent, by providing your Personal Information on the Company Service you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.